I had some leftover elbow macaroni from the vegan mac and cheese I made and wanted a cold salad, so I opened up the cupboards to see what I had. I also wanted to use several of the peppers from the garden, which is at its end for the year.
With black beans and elbow macaroni as the base for this cold salad, I added peas, corn, red onion, red and green peppers, and seasonings. You could use any of your favorite veggies though. I used Veganaise in place of Mayo or mayonnaise. You could use your favorite seasonings also.
Like many of the dishes I make, my brother and niece had a helping. Both thought it was good. I really enjoyed it(too much in fact) and it’s a recipe I’d expand on and try new and different ingredients. I think it’s good with diced tomatoes and cucumber slices.
Very easy and tasty back beans and macaroni salad as a side dish or perfect of picnics!
- 12 to 13.5 Oz Box of Elbow Macaroni
- 1 15 oz Can of Black Beans
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Small Green Pepper
- 1 Small Red Pepper
- 1 8.5 oz Can of Peas
- 1 8.75 oz Can of Corn
- 1 Cup Veganaise
- 2 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1 Tbs Taco Seasoning
- 1/ Tbs Mrs. Dash No Salt Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- Black pepper to taste
- Cook elbow macaroni al dente
- While pasta is cooking, dice up peppers and onion
- Drain and wash black beans
- Open and drain cans of corn and peas
- Mix all ingredients and seasonings in large bowl
- Chill for several hours
A very adaptable pasta dish, use what you have on hand 🙂