The GorillaPod is one cool tripod. It’s very handy in situations that I could not use any other tripod. The GorillaPod has flexible legs that will grip just about anything you can wrap it around, under or over. I often use it to hold the camera on hand rails or tree limbs. Not only can I fit it in a pocket of my cargo shorts, I can also bends the legs to fit IN my camera bag! Bonus!
Like any modern tripod the GorillaPod has a quick release mounting plate. There is one level on the tripod and I’ve read many comments from users that they wish there was a second. It doesn’t bother me though, I love the GorillaPod. Here’s my review of the Joby GorillaPod Hybrid Gray tripod.
Joby GorrilaPod Hybrid Gray has rock-solid stabilization and accurate ball head-enabled positioning making it possible for the photographer to capture professional high quality pictures. And you get all this without having to carry and maintain a large, bulky and heavy traditional full-size tripod system. It doesn’t matter where you are clicking pictures. The tripod system will be of help to you in a vast number of situations such as staging a last-second street portrait, shooting time-lapse photos or recording video. Whenever you need clear-cut composition control or stable, shake free video, the GorillaPod Hybrid will be there to aid you.
Features of the Joby GorillaPod Hybrid Gray:
- The frame is flexible with legs thatcan be wrapped. It has rubberized ring and foot grips which allow it to stabilize hybrid cameras weighing amaximum of 2.2lbs (1kg). The standcan be positioned on almost any surface even if it is a difficult terrain, to capture moments that would have earlier been impossible. There are more than a dozen leg joints bend to wrap around objects or to hang the camera in unreachable places. The devices thatcan be supported on the tripod are:
- Compact system cameras like SONY NEX and Samsung NX cameras
- Hybrid cameras
- EVIL (Electronic Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens)
- MILC (Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Cameras)
- Micro 4/3 cameras like Olympus PEN and Panasonic Lumix cameras
- It has an integrated aluminum ball head giving ±90° tilt and 360° pan. Such movement makes it possible for you to quickly and accurately position your camera and secure fascinating pictures with strict control over portrait and landscape setups.
- A dual action adjustment knob allows you to lock the ball head in place, tightly secured. A camera needs to be adjusted in both vertical and horizontal directions. The GorillaPod Hybrid has separate locking mechanisms for the vertical and horizontal movement making panning smooth without any kind of tilt.
- Slim-line quick-release clip with bubble level remains in contact with your camera and comes apart into the ball head for immediate setup and accurately leveled images each time.