The top Fallout 4 mods can enhance your Settlers, bring back the classic VATS system, and even let you play as a dog and explore the Wasteland.
Which PC Fallout 4 modifications are the best? You have many options to pick from when trying to improve your experiences in the Wasteland because the mod community is active. Fallout 4’s Bethesda Mods page offers official PC modding support, and the Fallout 4 Nexus is home to thousands of mods.
RPG titles like Fallout 4 enjoy such endurance after release in part due to mods like this. We’ve chosen the top Fallout 4 mods available to help you get started on your journey toward a more fascinating Boston Wasteland as a way to appreciate the bizarre and amazing works of the Fallout 4 mod community.
Fallout 4 Nexus: Where Can I Find It And How Do I Install Mods?
Fallout’s main menu now has integrated mod compatibility, and the Bethesda Mods page features thousands of duly authorized mods.
You also have additional options for new Fallout 4 mods thanks to Bethesda’s Creation Club. You will need to go to Fallout 4’s in-game digital market to find them.
You will need to fiddle around a little bit in the game’s install files if you’re utilizing mods from the Fallout 4 Nexus.
The good news is that Fallout 4 Nexus has produced a video that succinctly shows how to set up Fallout 4 for modding and how to manually install mods.
1. Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch
Fallout 4 is as large and problematic as we have come to expect from Bethesda, and even the game’s own programmers haven’t been able to fix every issue. Fortunately, the game’s community has stepped up to offer assistance.
The Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch is a collection of fixes created by the mod community with the goal of resolving all issues that have not been resolved by the official patches. It doesn’t necessarily open up a good quest line or offer a fun new gun, but it greatly improves the game’s flow.
2. Mod Configuration Menu
Since there are so many Fallout 4 mods available, you’ll need this Mod Configuration Menu to organize them all. This function appears at the top of the pause menu and offers a centralized spot to fiddle with all the settings of the installed mods.
Install this mod early on and play around with all your mods in a straightforward manner. It has more sliders, buttons, and checkboxes than you can shake a mole rat at.
3. Fallout 4 Script Extender
Special mention is made of the Fallout 4 script extender. The tool’s earlier iterations for other Bethesda games were essential to the modding scene and a prerequisite install to execute anything more involved than simple functionality improvements.
The ability to modify the game is increased through script extenders. This enables modders to process more sophisticated code.
In order to handle certain Fallout 4 mods, you will also need to have the script extender installed, if and when they do. The most recent version is available for download on the script extender website.
Also, Read Where Is The Railroad In Fallout 4?
Fallout 4 Graphics Mods
Perhaps running it through SweetFX and converting it into this cel-shaded comic book is for you if its inconsistencies bug you.
Fallout’s semi-realistic aesthetic is frequently stunning and equally frequently repulsive.
- Naturally, Bethesda’s Borderlands is the end result, but for a mod that does nothing more than retrofit filters over everything, it works remarkably well.
- It seems understandable that your character would constantly be on edge, with a gun held and ready, given how cruel the Wasteland is. This Fallout 4 mod lowers your gun till the action begins if you would prefer things to be a little more laid back. It gives the impression of being more natural on screen and opens up some of the vision that was before blocked by your ready weapon.
- You will regularly pass by the Charles River as you go across the Commonwealth, so you should make sure it appears moist and aquatic. Try this Water Enhancement Textures mod if you believe Bethesda’s default water textures to be subpar.
- Decay is what you need if you are utterly repulsed by Fallout 4’s usage of the true color. It gives everything a suitable Fallout-inspired filter and takes the game back to 2008 when everything was a sickly radiation green color. Your eye seizures are over!
- This reader, created by the same modder who created The Witcher 3’s excellent E3FX mod, adds SSAO, realistic lighting, and sharpness to further enhance the game’s atmosphere.
Check More Fallout 4 Companion- Who Is The Best Companion In Fallout 4
Fallout 4 Settlement Mods
If you are familiar with Fallout 4’s settlements section, you are aware of how important good plant maintenance is. You need crops, and lots of them, if you want populations to flourish.
- With Clean Settlement Greenhouses, you can protect and maintain the health of your put fruits and melons.
- It’s not just one thing; you may construct your greenhouse any way you like with the many walls, floors, and roof tiles that are accessible. You may construct your own glass superstructure in a matter of seconds.
Better Settlers will help you mix up your towns. The population of your settlement is more diverse, and it also gives them superior weapons.
Additionally, they can now use stim packs, Lifegiver, and Adamantium Skeleton perks to increase their resistance against
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is modding Fallout 4 hard?
Compared to other Bethesda creation engine games like Skyrim, Fallout 4 has a far more fickle modding platform.
As a result, working with it may be famously challenging, especially when it comes to alterations that start to affect the world space.
2. How do I mod Fallout 4 on Steam?
Open Fallout 4 and go to the main menu, then choose Mods. the mod you want to install, find it. Select Download after choosing the mod you want to install.
After installation, launch an already-played game or create a new one to play!
3. How do I use Nexus mods in Fallout 4?
- Select Fallout 4.
- Hit OK.
- Select a location for your downloaded mods (the default drive is the one with Fallout 4 installed).
- If an alert window appears, click OK.
4. Are mods free for Fallout 4?
Mods are always available for free on Nexusmods.com. Additionally, Bethesda.net mods are still free to download for all systems (built right into the game).