How to make Lavash Bread Chips. Looking for a healthier chip than the greasy and fatty store-bought chips? I’ve always been a chips and dip fan. They have been one of my favorite snacks since I was a kid. I’ve turned to hummus as a dip and recently found a healthier chip option.
I’ve used Joseph’s lavash bread for months and recently discovered they are good for more than just veggie wraps. Lavash is a flat bread also known as Middle Eastern bread. While thinking about making my own chips to go with my hummus, I began to search the internet for inspiration.
I found a quick and easy way to make and even flavor my own lavash chips! This is a great method for multiple people because you can flavor them how you like. It’s easy make batches of chips flavored in different ways.
How to make Lavash Bread Chips
You will need:
- pizza cutter – aluminum foil – baking sheet – spray or brush to apply oil
Here’s how I make quick and simple lavash chips.
- 1 Package of Joseph’s Lavash Bread
- Olive Oil(or oil of your choice)
- Seasonings or herbs of your choice
- Lightly spray or brush lavash bread with oil
- Sprinkle(or not) your seasonings or herbs
- Take a pizza cutter and cut lavash bread into chip size squares
- Transfer cut lavash bread to aluminum foil lined baking sheet
- Bake 5 minutes or until edges of chips turn lightly brown
- Let cool
If you decide to add seasonings to your lavash chips, do so right after you coat the lavash bread with oil, before baking. The oil will help the seasonings stick. I did make a plain batch with no seasonings and did not use oil. Enjoy making your homemade chips!