To keep our hair flawless and beautiful always, we tend to expose them to many things like ironing, heat, and chemicals. And sometimes, hair might start smelling odd.
But not anymore! Because this good read will tell all about how to get burnt smell out of hair and keep your hair healthy, shiny, and full of fragrance as well.
And to do that job effectively, lets, first, let’s understand where this smell is there and where is it exactly coming from.
Cause Of Burnt Hair
The main reason why does my hair smell burnt can be excessive heat. Here are some of the reasons why you burn your hair and they start smelling odd:
- Keep your hair wrapped around a heated iron for a little longer.
- Constantly straightening or curling the same strand of hair.
- Regularly use highly heated iron curlers or straighteners.
- Immature at using a hair straightener and accidentally damaging it.
- If the temperature of your blow dryer is also very high, it can burn your hair even without touching it directly.
And due to such reasons, do you know how long does burnt hair smell last? Not more than a day or two. But, you don’t have to smell that strange odor any longer.
Although we don’t like saying that you should feel lucky that you have only burnt your hair and not lost them. But the fact burnt hair can be repaired and fixed.
With that being mentioned, if you are concerned about, will the burnt hair smell go away?
Here comes the piece of good news, yes, for sure!
Though you have damaged them enough that the smell won’t leave you alone easily, there is a solution to everything. And we know, answering to how to get the burnt smell out of hair will be a blessing for you!
So, keep reading and be blessed!
Saying Goodbye To The Unwanted Smell
You will be overjoyed to know that there isn’t just one way to remove the unwanted burnt smell from your hair. There are many ways of making your hair smell as fresh as daisies and all of them are mentioned below.
1. Dry Shampoo Method
First and foremost is the method of removing the smell with dry shampoo. Why dry shampoo? Because if you are straightening your hair, that means you are going out. And in that case, you need a quick solution to fix the problem at hand.
And that is when dry shampoo steps in. Just make sure to use a little extra amount of shampoo on the burnet part to neutralize the smell.
So, if you are also looking for a way how to get rid of the burnt hair smell after washing, then dry shampoo can help in this case too. Just try it out and see the results.
2. Scented Oils
Do you know what kills burnt smell? Scented oils. Another way of removing burnet hair smell is by using scented oils on your scalp.
And the best part is, that there are scented oils available in the market that are made just for this purpose.
They are like perfumed hair oils that can be applied to your hair to get a refreshing smell. Also, you don’t have to worry about your hair looking greasy as they don’t leave any trace on your scalp.
Your hair will not just smell good after applying scented oil but will also get the required moisture that will help in regaining the strength and original form of your burnet hair.
Just buy your favorite aroma oil and get all the benefits of using it. How amazing is that!
3. Aloe Vera
If you are looking for a way that will not just remove the smell of burnet hair from your scalp but will also fix your damaged hair. Then aloe vera is the solution for you.
While experts recommend using aloe vera on hair even if your hair is not damaged, using it when you have damaged or burned hair is an excellent remedy.
You will not only fix your burnt hair and get rid of the smell, but will also make them stronger, shiner, smooth, and smell great all the time.
So, simply, mix some aloe vera with olive oil. Apply a generous amount of it to your wet hair. Leave it for about 20-25 minutes and then wash your hair thoroughly.
And voila! Your magical hair will start showing from the very first use.
4. Baking Soda
We wonder if there’s anything that baking soda cannot fix. Baking soda is the OG of fixing problems and burnt hair is included in its list of miracles too.
Add a spoonful of baking soda to your shampoo bottle and wash your hair regularly with that new compound. And your hair will stop smelling of burnt or sweat smell at all, ever again!
Also, it will help in cleaning your scalp too. So, don’t wait, just bicarbonate!
5. Naturally Neutralizing The Smell
If you can’t find aloe vera or scented oils near you, there’s another way to remove the smell from your life. And this way is called almond oil and coconut oil. These two oils that are always available at our home can do wonders to get this work done!
Apply a few drops of either oil to your scalp and leave it for 15 minutes. Then wash your hair with your regular shampoo. This will help neutralize the smell of burnet hair if not completely removed.
Pro Tip To Avoid Burnt Smell After Straighten Hair
To keep your hair, smell fresh after burning your hair accidentally while straightening or curling them, here are some quick ways to consider:
- Wet hair has a higher chance of getting burnt than dry hair. The reason is that water present will heat on quickly and work as a medium of extra heat. As a result, it will cause severe burns on your hair in a very short period. Thus, keep your hair dry while straightening or curling them.
- If you have just washed your hair, make sure to blow dry it completely before exposing them to hot iron rods.
Hope the tips and ways will help you keep your look and feel as fresh as you want. Besides, if you don’t heat your hair and still feel the burnt smell. It can be due to scalp infection.
Keep reading to know more!
Reasons For Burnt Smell Without Heat
A burnt smell in hair can be a cause of using chemicals and heat. But that can be treated or go away after washing. However, there can be many other reasons due to why it becomes a task to get rid of the burnt smell quickly. As a result, many people end up asking why does my hair smell burnt after I wash it.
Having said that, let us me know why does my hair smell burn without heat right away:
- In some rare cases, accidentally using hot water on hair can also cause a burn in the cuticle and molecule element of the hair shaft. Which will again give out the pungent smell. The wrong temperature is the reason behind this phenomenon.
- Sweat in hair sometimes can cause itching. Due to this, it becomes a protection reason for yeast infection which results in a burnt smell initially.
- Rash on hair scalp due to multiple reasons can be a potential reason for burnt smell
- Or maybe, the protective layer of scented oils or anything other than that you have used to nullify the smell is gone. Leaving your burnet hair without a shield and letting them spread their smell. It can even happen when you wash your hair with cold water.
Getting worried about those thin, shiny, and fragile threads on your scalp called hair? Have we horrified you enough with our how to get burnt smell out of hair discussion?
Well, then let’s take a break and discuss something amazing, interesting, and useful.
Ways To Make Your Hair Healthy, Shiny, And Strong!
- Wash your hair regularly to remove sweat, dust, and oil from them.
- Use chemical-free products on your hair and be particular about the hair conditioner that you use.
- As much as possible, stay away from exposing your hair to unnatural ways of heat like curling and straightening rods, etc.
- Don’t use a blow dryer to dry your hair. Let them dry naturally and on their own.
- Apply essential oils, hair masks, and natural products to your hair to keep them long, healthy, shiny, and strong.
- Use a comb that is not too harsh on your scalp and make sure to trim your hair regularly to get rid of dead and unwanted hair.
- Visit to doctor if you feel that you keep scratching the scalp even after washing it.
With that, keep observing your actions that you take to take care good of your hair.
Moving ahead, let’s know some more queries that people keep searching for on the internet.
And now, it’s time to have a final look at the frequently asked questions by our fellow haircare lovers!
1. How To Get Burnt Smell Out Of Hair After Straightening
There are plenty of ways to do this as we have mentioned above. You can use a dry shampoo in this case or spray some scented oils to remove the smell.
2. Why Does Burn Hair Smell Bad
This is because the keratin in our hair contains large amounts of cysteine. A sulfur-containing amino acid that gives out the odd smell when our hair burns.
3. What Does Burnt Hair Smell Like?
Burned hair has a sulfurous odor. And the reason behind this smell has been mentioned in the above question.
4. Why Does My Hair Smell Like A Wet Dog?
A natural oil, called sebum, that produces in the scalp’s sebaceous glands leads to the wet dog smell. But that’s not the point of this natural oil. It produces increases healthiness and shine in the hair and lubricates the hair shaft by locking in moisture.
5. How To Get Bonfire Smell Out Of Hair?
Just pick up any of the 5 methods mentioned above and get the bonfire smell out of your hair.
6. How To Get The Burnt Smell Out Of Hair Extensions?
Sprinkle on some rose water or use some nice smelling perfume on your hair extensions to get the burnet smell out of them.
And that’s all folks on how to get burnt smell out of hair. Now go and protect them with everything you have.
To Sum Up:
Now that you know the reason burnt smell in hair and how to get the burnt smell out of hair, you must also learn that burnt hair doesn’t get fixed at all.
They stay the same until you cut them. But that doesn’t mean they don’t get better with time. Burnt hair does get better with time. Just not as smooth to touch as before. And once they are grown fully, you can always cut them off.
So, take care of your hair before they get burnt or smells burnt.