If you are saddened by the fact that the black spot of your Alex and ani seems to appear irremovable, then to ease your job, we have got your back with this article.
Alex and ani offer charming and elegant-looking bracelets. And that help you pull off a vibrant look effortlessly. Unfortunately, they do turn to tarnish as well.
Therefore, we have presented some of the noteworthy methods that can complete your research on how to clean Alex and ani bracelets.
So, without further delay, let us help you explore all the methods that you can use to wash off the dark spots on your bracelets.
Let us dive right in, shall we?
Alex And Ani Bracelets
Alex and ani bracelets are known to be made up of an alloy of recycled copper and silver. This eventually give them the various ranges of colour shades that they come in.
For additional information, some of their bracelets are also coated with Rafelian gold or Rafelian silver. It helps increase colour variations.
Also, all Alex and ani bracelets are layered with a thin coating of anti-tarnish which helps them to remain glossy for a longer period of time.
If you are wondering does Alex and ani tarnish or do Alex and ani bracelets turn black, then the answer is yes, unfortunately, they do tarnish!
However, since these bracelets are made of an alloy of copper, they tend to oxidise the longer if they are exposed to other elements. Hence, as a result of the process of oxidisation, the bracelets appear to be tarnished.
So now let us help you gain a fresher insight into how you can take care of your Alex and ani bracelets effortlessly.
Why We Love Alex And Ani Bracelets
Alex and ani bracelets are made of an alloy of copper and silver. Thus, Alex and ani bracelets dress you up with vibrance and self-expression.
But apart from looks, it has some amazing facts that are the reasons of their likability.
- They aim to help you present yourself with a unique signature look.
- They have been recovered from trash items owing to the eco-friendliness of their product.
- You might also be astonished by the fact that Alex and ani donate a reasonable amount of their profits to charity. Thus, it is the reason behind their ‘charity by design’ collection.
- This brand also believes to put faith in the healing properties of silver. It has been suggested that it positively stimulate your immune system. Once the copper gets absorbed by your skin through the pores, it helps to boost your immunity system.
- Other than offering an extremely affordable rate, Alex and ani give bestows you with the opportunity to pull off your signature look using its colourful and lustrous set of bracelets.
Having said that, it would now be needless to highlight why we love Alex and ani bracelets.
Now let us help you explore the ways that you can use to take care of your bracelet.
Best Tips To Take Care Of Alex And Ani Bracelets
Any object you adore should be given proper care lest it loses its gloss and shine. Similarly, your Alex and ani demand care as well so that the lustre can be maintained.
So let us help you explore some ways how to take care of Alex and ani jewelry.
- Storing technique:
You should be mindful of where you are storing your bracelet. The reason is often the surrounding surface of the place it is stored contribute to its loss of shine.
You should store it in a place away from direct moisture. You may keep it in a sealed box covered with cotton or soft cloth. As a result, the cotton will see any moisture to prevent it from being tarnished.
- Distance From Elements:
Also, make sure that you keep your bracelet away from contact with water or oil. Any kind of moisture from the source of water or oil will easily wash away the anti-tarnish layer and leave the bracelet with a discoloured texture.
- Cleaning Regime:
You should also include cleaning your bracelet once a month in your monthly task list to prevent oxidising and turning tarnish.
Cleaning Alex And Ani Bracelets
We understand how frustrated you might feel after you see your favourite bracelets turning into discoloured tarnished ones.
So, to prevent that from happening, we have enlisted some steps you can take into action and get rid of the tarnish.
Go through the steps below to find out how to clean Alex and ani bracelets that are tarnished.
1. With ketchup
If wondering about how to clean Alex and ani bracelets with ketchup, then browse through the following steps to gain an idea about it.
- Take a small plate and place your bracelet entirely coated with ketchup on the plate.
- Now, let it rest for five minutes and then rinse the bangle off with cold water to wash away the ketchup.
- You can further deep clean the bracelet by dipping it in soap water and then giving it a good wipe using a clean cloth and thus bringing the old lustre back.
2. Cleaning Solution with Baking soda
Now let us help you explore the idea of how to clean Alex and ani bracelets with baking soda. Grab a look below!
- Boil a cup of water and pour that cup of hot water into a bowl. You can use more water if the size of the jewellery is huge.
- Measure 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda and pour that into the bowl. Stir well the ingredients well until the baking soda disappears.
- Then, dip your jewellery into the solution for 5-10 minutes and make sure it is completely soaked in the solution.
- The baking soda solution removes all sorts of surface dirt and gives the old look back to your bracelet.
- Now make sure, after 5-10 minutes, you dip the ornament in cold water so that the residue is left beneath in the water and the jewellery becomes crystal clear.
- After you rinse it off well, give it a good wipe using a soft towel and pat gently.
3. Cleaning With Toothbrush:
You can also try this alternate way out which also uses baking soda as a primary ingredient. Take a look at this solution!
- First, grab a small plate and mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Now use the back of a toothbrush to stir up the ingredients consistently to form them into a paste. If it is difficult to form into a paste, you can add a few drops of water as per the requirement.
- Dip a clean toothbrush into the paste and make sure there is enough amount of paste on the bristles of the brush.
- Now use the brush to scrub off the dirt and tarnish from the jewellery gently. For better results, always use a brush with soft bristles.
- Continue scrubbing for 1-2 minutes straight and brush on the surface back and forth repeatedly.
- Now remove the baking soda and residue dirt by dipping the ornament in cold water for more than 30 seconds. Now place your jewellery on a towel to seep the solution and moisture.
4. Cleaning Solution of Salt And Baking Soda:
Now you can also try this last but interesting way of washing away tarnish using baking soda. Let us dive right in!
- Take one tablespoon of salt, one tablespoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of dish soap in a bowl and stir them well.
- Now place your jewellery into the bowl and soak them well for 5-10 minutes until they are completely dipped into the solution.
- Now pour out the solution and clean the jewellery using cold water. Rinse well to enlighten yourself with the lustre and shine it has got back.
Pro-tips to take care of your jewellery
- Remember to take off your bracelet before you go for a shower or take a dive into the pool. Keep your jewellery away from moisture and oil.
- Make sure you do not dip your jewellery just into any cleaner solution as it might lead to the destruction of the anti-tarnish coating.
- There are always certain pieces of jewellery that have fine lines and crevices over their surface which makes it hard to clean using fingers or cloth. In such cases, you can use brushes with soft bristles and use it to wash away the dirt.
- Do not apply moisturizers when you are wearing these bracelets as the moisture might lead to the oxidisation process which will eventually turn the jewellery into a tarnished one.
- If you trying to figure out how to store Alex and ani bracelets, then you should know that the bracelets should be located in a sealed box with a cotton or soft cloth covering them. The cotton cloth will seep any kind of moisture and prevent it from getting tarnished.
- Another fact that you should keep in mind is that you must not wait for the jewellery to tarnish to take the necessary steps to clean it. Take adequate steps to make cleaning and taking care of your jewellery a part of your daily routine.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to clean Swarovski jewellery?
Polish your Swarovski ornaments with a soft or lint-free cloth. You can also clean it with your hand using lukewarm water. Make sure you do not use cold water to clean this ornament.
You should avoid contact with harsh and abrasive materials. You may also apply a small amount of mild detergent on the surface of the jewellery to clean it off.
2. How to get rid of the metallic smell of jewellery?
Metallic jewellery does have a weird smell but can be easily removed with the help of white vinegar. You can mix vinegar and water and then dip the jewellery in the solution to get rid of the metallic smell.
Apple cider vinegar can also be considered a great choice to remove the smell from the jewellery.
3. How to unrust a necklace?
There are several ways to do it including using baking soda, salt or vinegar. Use one teaspoon of baking soda and one teaspoon of salt and mix them into the water to form a fine solution that is capable enough of removing all the rust from your necklace.
4. How to clean Alex and ani gold bracelets?
To clean Alex and ani gold bracelets, dip into a solution of mild detergent soap and lukewarm water. Let it soak for 5 minutes and then gently brush the dirt out.
Dip it into cold water to leave the residue behind and give it a good wipe with a clean towel.
Alex and ani bracelets are the symbols of charm, divineness and elegance. Moreover, It is affordable with a sense of sustainability. But with extreme adoration, comes the responsibility of appropriate care.
To make the job easier, you can easily adapt the aforementioned methods to give your bracelet the same old lustre and give your look a new twist!
Hope you enjoyed the read!
Read More : Diesel Truck Products