The air fryer time for pot pie is only 17 minutes. This is for cooking chicken pie in air fryer ramekins, which cooks faster than a huge pie dish. You could also prepare these in silicone muffin cups for a little of fun and save an extra 2 minutes on the cook time, making them in 15 minutes.
I also recommend performing a fork test to ensure that they are piping hot in the center. And you’ll know your air fryer chicken pies are done when the filling is heated all the way through. However, if you are also cooking the chicken for your pot pie in the air fryer, you will need to add an extra 10 minutes.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Pot Pie
This air fryer frozen chicken pot pie dish is one of my favorites. Not only is it so fast and easy to put together, but it is also so comforting and cozy! Ideal for a light meal after a hard day at work or a fast lunch on a chilly afternoon.
Guide About: Veggie Lavash Pizza
This is a recipe that even your fussy kids and hubby will like at the dinner table!
Using the air fryer keeps the pie crust nice and crisp, as opposed to the microwave, which normally makes it mushy. These pies are wonderfully cooked and just take a minute or two to prepare in the air fryer!
Proceduer To Make Frozen Chicken Pot Pie In The Air Fryer
Anyone can make this chicken pot pie in the air fryer since it is so quick and simple!
- To begin, just remove your frozen pie from its plastic wrapping. Then, place your pie in an air fryer-compatible baking pan. If you don’t have one, a couple layers of foil can be used to construct a temporary pan.
- Place the baking pan and pie in the fryer at 360F for 20 minutes. This results in a properly cooked center and crust. Cook for 5 minutes more if you want the crust to be crispy.
- Remove from the frying and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes to cool.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Using The Air Fryer To Make Frozen Chicken Pot Pie
Before you start making an air fryer pot pie, go through these recipe tips and replacements so you know what you’re up against (don’t worry, it’s simple!).
- Temperatures in air fryers can vary based on size, brand, and model.
- Start with less time, check for doneness, and then add extra time as needed while cooking a dish for the first time.
- Cover the top of the pot pie with foil to prevent the crust from overcooking before the interior can heat up.
- If you want to speed things up, microwave them for 5 minutes before crisping up the crust in the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- It may take up to 5 minutes longer than mentioned in the recipe if it’s frozen rock solid. You may alternatively thaw the meat in the microwave for 5 minutes before air frying it.
- Do you like the bottom crust to be crispy as well? Here’s what you should do. Before removing the foil, flip the pot pie upside down, cook for 3 minutes, then flip it back right side up, remove the foil, and cook for 5 minutes to crisp up the top crust.
What To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie
This chicken pot pie is a satisfying and tasty main meal. It’s so filling that you could easily eat it completely by itself, but I think it’s 10 times better with aside!
Because this pie is so rich and creamy, I like to serve it with a light side like sautéed veggies for a healthier choice, such as these:
- Frozen Vegetables in the Instant Pot.
- Stir fried frozen Vegetables.
- Air Fryer Roasted Sugar Snap Peas.
- Whole Cauliflower in the Air Fryer.
So, without further ado, here are some southern side dishes to go with your chicken pot pie.
- Roasted Vegetables
- Sweet Potato Mashed
- Potato Salad in Germany
- Carrots and parsnips glazed
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can pot pies be cooked in an air fryer?
Place 1-2 frozen pot pies in the basket and air fry for 15 minutes. Then, for 6 minutes, raise the temperature to 380 degrees F. Once done, keep the air fryer basket closed for 5 minutes to keep the centre heated.
2. Is it possible to bake frozen pot pies in an air fryer?
To begin, just remove your frozen pie from its plastic wrapping. Then, place your pie in an air fryer-compatible baking pan. If you don’t have one, a couple layers of foil can be used to construct a temporary pan. Place the baking pan and pie in the fryer at 360F for 20 minutes.
3. Can frozen pies be cooked in an air fryer?
You can prepare party pies in your Air Fryer just as you would in the oven. Preheat your air fryer first, then add fresh or frozen party pies in the basket or lined pan and begin frying.
Read More: How To Make Choco Pie At Home With Biscuits?